What do you want in a baby monitor in Orlando?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a microphone-type device in close proximity to the crib, transmitting sound to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, many monitors now have high-definition video feeds and two-direction communications. You can also connect many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you can move around all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Orlando are so sophisticated that they mimic indoor security cameras in both capabilities and price.
Should you swap out a baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and indoor security cameras incorporate comparable functionality, there are quite a few parents in Orlando connecting their nursery to their comprehensive home security package. So it makes sense -- particularly if you have to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:
● HD video with low-light capability: Your surveillance system should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for night vision.
● Two-way talk: Sometimes, you don't need to go inside the bedroom to soothe your baby back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word might be the only requirement to keep your little one peaceful and resting.
● Motion sensors: While it’s an option to have your surveillance system continuously keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness could begin to waver. However, when your security camera detects unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a notification to your mobile device. This is helpful when the baby soundlessly scales over the crib or when your family dog sneaks into the nursery.
● Video recordings: The majority of baby monitors don’t record video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a short segment to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Watch on your mobile device: As an alternative to carrying a separate device wherever you go, you are now able to supervise your little one from your home security app. You could even touch base with your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.