The latest smart security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, it’s still easy to neglect to do simple security chores like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Orlando, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Orlando For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your property and assign what actions you want to take place if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you can manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Orlando. When you download the mobile app, you can make the most of home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan if the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Orlando
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (407) 789-2352 or send in the following form to start designing your optimal security system.