There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only option when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of placing a video camera on a table or controlling your system with a cell phone. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless installations. You now have a wealth of added perks at your disposal -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in Orlando will safeguard your home while adding convenience to your life.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
If you wish to take advantage of everything wireless security is able to do, you’ll need a proper internet connection. If you have high-speed internet and a capable wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about power or internet outages, search for security systems that have cellular and battery backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring team indefinitely.
When you reside in a rural setting without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will likely be better. Or It could also make more sense financially to choose the traditional route if you live in a residence that already has wiring connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Orlando will elevate your family’s protection, which is the primary objective to begin with. On the other hand, if you prefer the chance of having the most advanced features, check out the advantages of wireless:
- Access from any location: Enjoy access to everything in your home from your locks to your security cameras right from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check footage from cameras, turn on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system if you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency takes place, you may have updates dispatched directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and long system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you are able to install them practically in any location and with little time or effort. If you wish to add on later with new equipment, incorporating devices into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices possible with fast, bi-directional communications. Program your devices to act in certain circumstances to enhance your security and dissuade intrusions. For example, if your outside video camera discovers unusual activity around your home, it is able to signal your interior lights to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Orlando
Even though wireless home security systems in Orlando have proven to be reliable, it’s reasonable if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at a few of the most prevalent concerns:
- Battery-operated wireless elements may run out of power. However, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally have to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your flexibility.
- Comparable to other computer networks, the risk of hacking persists. But you are able to do things to greatly reduce the risk by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. In addition, you should only employ security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Would you like to take advantage of the latest in Orlando wireless home security? Contact us at (407) 789-2352 to talk to the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your residence.