As a homeowner, one of the most menacing perils to your property and loved ones is the potential for a fire. The U.S. Fire Administration estimated in 2019 that American homeowners suffered about $1.6 billion in costs by means of unintentional or unattended fires. The terrible truth is fires are sudden and are often avoidable -- if you know where to act. And, fortunately, you have a monitored fire alarm that sends you help fast if you ever have an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Orlando?
Fires can spark in any spot without notice in the house. However, you may reduce the threat of a house fire by taking countermeasures around the following objects:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is overwhelmingly the number 1 cause of a house fire in Orlando. Kitchen-related flames most often begin when the kitchen goes ignored while making the meal. Water thrown on a grease fire will expand a flame that would on the other hand be easily handled.
- Candles: Passing out in a space with a burning candle is problematic, even when you use a recessed candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain on fire if left on a window sill, and a dog or cat can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association approximates that greater than 7,600 homes were damaged because of candle-related accidents between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Old electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, aging or improperly installed lighting, and cut lamp cords is a big risk. Be sure not to overburden your outlets or plug an item in with uncovered wiring. And if you hear crackling or catch a whiff of smoke from the outlet, turn the breaker off prior to your investigation.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because junk, like dust, old papers, or bed sheets can find their way in and alight. However, you need to make sure to oversee fan and ceramic space heaters whenever the device is in use.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments fought blazes in more than 17,000 home fires started by cigars, pipes, or cigarettes. So if you have a smoker who partakes inside, make sure they never fall asleep with a cigarette or smoke in bed. And fully extinguish your cigarette before you toss it into a waste bin.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Can Can Helps When It Senses A Fire
If a fire happens to spark, you definitely want to have a speedy discovery system to inform your loved ones before it gets serious. An ordinary smoke alarm is adequate but can only alert you if smoke is in thick clouds. An advanced fire alarm -- a security device that's tied to your home security network -- can discover both smoke and excess heat and can do more to make sure your family is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has multiple means it can alert you of a fire. Your alarms can inform your loved ones with an ear-piercing alarm and a message to your mobile device. That’s when your always-on monitoring experts gets a hold of the fire department. And should you be somewhere in which you aren’t able to race you your house when a fire starts, you can be reassured that your monitoring agent will maintain communication between you and emergency personnel.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The odds of house fires in Orlando should never be underestimated, but you can rest assured if you install a monitored fire alarm in your home. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you install all the safety sensors you need with a comprehensive home security system. Call (407) 789-2352 or submit the form below to get your home security system.