What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Orlando
You know you need to defend your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you store your possessions. But what is the right kind of home protection? Determining if you should utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary choices you will make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Orlando and see what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring team that is prepared to act at any moment. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an immediate notification. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have professional backup. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to get it resolved. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Orlando
Here’s a brief overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always wise. If you are away from home, not awake, or without access to your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line components and seamless integration: When you get equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will get access to a fully connected system with devices that may be superior to what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous people would prefer to have work taken care of by experienced experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will generally be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This is likely to be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Orlando
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers may deem this to be a benefit as they can install the system themselves and not have an extra fee. Other people might want to go with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can integrate equipment whenever you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’re away from your smartphone and don’t see a security alert? This situation equates to added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you want help during an installation, you might have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Orlando
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Orlando from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right choice for you. Contact (407) 789-2352 today to get started.