Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Orlando? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your front door, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer can suggest where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Safeguard Your Main Entrance
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to just enter through the front door, 34% of break-ins occur at this obvious access point. You can also count delivery bandits among other threats to deal with. A doorbell camera is able to handle these types of concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you can speak with all guests who approach and press the button. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and look like you’re home. When someone attempts something nefarious, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly record a clip and deliver it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Video Surveillance
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence can be a daunting assignment. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Orlando house provide a large field-of-view, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhang or directly into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be partly concealed by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a patio or back door -- or any doorway not visible from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Tips To Get The Most From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Orlando. That same flexibility means you have additional aspects to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your security cameras in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. You might consider mounting or another means of securing them to make sure they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best video camera will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a houseplant blocking the view. On the other hand, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (407) 789-2352 or fill out the form on this page to get started.